Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rise and Shine

My girls used to sleep in until 9:00 am.  Yes, you read correctly 9:00 am! I don't know how or why but for the first 7 months of their lives they loved to wake for their 6 am nurse session, snuggle, coo and then snooze until 9. Perhaps they knew how exhausted and sleep deprived their mama was. Maybe they wanted to give me some extra ZZZ's to rev up for the long day ahead. Heck, maybe they needed the extra relaxation before they wreaked havoc on the household. Who knows why, but I was incredibly grateful and dreading the day things would change.

Recently, they have discovered that sleeping in is so last week and being awake and ready to tackle the day by 6 a.m. is totally in.  They are cool like that. Already following the latest baby trends.

This morning, me and my bed head self, tip toed downstairs before they woke up and began to prepare the downstairs to be dominated by the girls.

I run through the following checklist:

Jumparoo in place, check.
Excersaucer in position, check.
Dora the Explorer on the big screen (that's right, my 7 month olds watch cartoons.... don't judge), check.
Coffee brewing, check.
Ipad within reach, check.

Just as I finished preparing the battle zone, I heard the faint call of duty.

That coffee better kick in soon.

It's time to get this party started.

















I can't think of a better way to start my day than with these two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment